The Fall Guy
Created by Brian Roberts of Chef and the Farmer, Kinston, NC
- 1.5 oz Zaya aged rum
- 0.5 oz Christian Brothers Brandy
- 1.5 oz sweet potato puree
- 0.5 oz fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 dashes black walnut bitters
- 1 bar spoon Tia Maria
- 1 tbs vanilla cordial cream
- Combine rum brandy sweet potato purée, orange juice and bitters in shaker. Shake sharply and strain into coupe glass.
- Sink Tia Maria to the bottom of the glass, and float cream on top.
- Add 2 dashes of angostura bitters and swirl with toothpick.
Sweet Potato Purée
- 2 sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ⅛ cup turbinado sugar
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- Roast sweet potatoes and blend with maple syrup, sugar, orange zest, water and vanilla extract.
- In a saucepan bring ingredients to boil, then reduce to simmer. Let simmer 8 minutes.
- Let cool and strain through mesh strainer or chinois.
Vanilla Cordial Cream
- 3-4 oz heavy cream
- 2 dried vanilla bean pods
- 1 oz frangelico
- 1 oz amaretto
- Combine heavy cream, vanilla bean pods, frangelico and amaretto.
- Remove spring from hawthorn strainer and put in shaker.
- Dry shake ingredients with sprig so that it acts like a whisk. Cream will thicken and become frothy.
- Spoon cream on top of cocktail and serve.