Created by Bud Taylor of the Bistro at Topsail, in Surf City, NC
- 1.5 oz Reposado Tequila
- 1.5 oz Mezcal
- 1.5 oz sweet potato syrup
- 8 drops 18.21 Charred Lime, Jalapeño & Peppercorn Bitters
- Add ice and all ingredients to mixing tin and give a medium shake.
- Strain over finely crushed ice in a coupe glass.
Sweet Potato Syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup puréed roasted Covington sweet potato
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 tsp chili flake
- 0.5 tsp cayenne pepper
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let syrup steep for 5 minutes.
- Double strain through coffee filters or cheesecloth to remove all pulp and fiber.
- (Note: Syrup is good for up to 1 week in refrigerator.)