Sweetpotato Turkey Meatballs
This is a lighter version of a cocktail meatball that is filled with delicious flavor and texture. Serve with your favorite tangy barbecue sauce and they are sure to disappear. ~ Lisa Prince, Local Dish
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
- 2 C. shredded sweetpotatoes
- ½ C. chopped pecans
- 1 T. coconut oil
- 1 clove grated garlic
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 lb. ground white turkey meat
- 1 C BBQ sauce, use your favorite
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Coat a mini muffin tin generously with cooking spray.
- Shred sweetpotato and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pecans, coconut oil, garlic, paprika, salt and cinnamon. Add thesweetpotatoes and ground turkey. Mix well, using your hands.
- Working with one tablespoon and a half of mixture at a time, form 24 balls (we like to use a small ice cream scoop, so they are all even in size). Place them in the mini muffin tin and bake them for 30 minutes.
- Right before serving, heat BBQ sauce on low heat. Add the sweet potato meatballs and until warm and coated with the BBQ sauce.