Sweetpotato Veggie Meatballs
Recipe by May I Have That Recipe.From football parties to holiday cocktail hors d’oeuvres, these little guys are the perfect small bites that are packed with flavor! Serve with a tangy barbecue sauce to bring out the sweetpotatoes and they’re sure to disappear faster than any other appetizer.
- 1 large sweetpotato, peeled, shredded thin, using the small blade of the box grater (about 2 cups shredded)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup vital gluten
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup your favorite BBQ Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a mini muffin tin generously with cooking spray.
- Shred the sweetpotato and squeeze the excess water out of it. Place it in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine the pecans, gluten, water, melted coconut oil, garlic, paprika, salt and cinnamon in the food processor, and pulse until all the ingredients come together to form a paste. Add it to the sweetpotatoes and mix well, using your hands
- Working with one tablespoon and a half of mixture at a time, form 15 balls (we like to use a small ice cream scoop so they are all even in size). Place them in the mini muffin tin and bake them for 45 minutes.
- Right before serving, heat BBQ sauce in low heat. Add the veggie meatballs and cook until warm and coated with the BBQ sauce.
- Alternatively, if you don’t want to shred the sweetpotatoes by hand you can cut the sweetpotato in 8 pieces, place in the food processor and chop it until really fine, add the rest of the ingredients, except for the BBQ sauce and process until you get a smooth “dough”