Sweetpotato ‘n Blueberry Bread
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins
- 2 C cooked and mashed sweetpotato**
- 4 C all-purpose flour
- 2 T baking powder
- ½ t baking soda
- 5 t ground cinnamon
- ½ t ground nutmeg
- 2 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ C canola oil
- 2 C frozen blueberries, thawed
- ½ C ground walnuts, optional
To puree sweetpotatoes
- Scrub sweetpotatoes, leaving skin on. Cook in boiling water for 20 minutes or until soft. Drain, reserving ¼ C liquid, set aside. Place peeled sweetpotatoes in a large mixing bowl, mash and let cool completely. Scoop out 2 full cups and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350̊̊
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Mix together 2 C sweetpotato puree, ¼ c reserved liquid, sugar, eggs and oil.
- Add dry mixture to wet, and stir until just moistened.
- Spoon mixture into 2 greased loaf pans (9x5x4)
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in plans for 10 minutes
- Remove bread from pans and let cool on wire racks.