Sweetpotato Cranberry White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 C self-rising flour
- 1½ C pureed sweetpotatoes
- ½ C butter , 1 stick
- ½ C granulated sugar
- ½ C brown sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1½ C rolled oats
- 1 C craisins
- 1 C white chocolate chips
- Beat room temperature butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar in a large bowl or stand mixer until mixture is smooth. Mix in egg, and vanilla. Scrape sides of bowl as necessary, being mindful not to overmix
- Add flour and sweetpotatoes to wet ingredients until just combined. Add rolled oats, craisins and white chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
- Cover cookie dough and refrigerate for 30 mins. (over night for best results)
- Preheat oven to 350̊; lightly spray baking sheet with nonstick spray or line with baking paper
- Scoop cookie dough onto baking sheet
- Bake 12-14 minutes, let cool and enjoy!
- Scrub sweetpotatoes, leaving skin on. Cook in boiling water for 20 minutes or until soft. Drain, reserving ¼ C liquid, set aside. Place peeled sweetpotatoes in a large mixing bowl, mash and let cool completely. Scoop out 1½ cups and set aside.
To puree sweetpotatoes
- Boil sweetpotatoes for 20 minute, or until soft. Drain, reserving ¼ c. of liquid; set aside.Mash sweetpotatoes or blend using the ¼ c. of liquid set aside as stated above.