Recipe developed by Chef and Co-Owner Stephanie Tyson of Sweet Potatoes in Winston-Salem, N.C.
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 Cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 1/4 Cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup sweetpotatoes, baked and mashed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, sift loosely the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, oil and milk.
- Add the sweetpotatoes and mix well.
- Add the sweetpotato mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until combined being careful not to over mix.
- Pour into a greased nine-inch-baking pan or spoon into 12 cup muffin tin.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes or until the cornbread is golden.