Sweetpotato Cornbread Stuffing
Recipe by Chef Stephanie Tyson of Sweet Potatoes in Winston-Salem, NC
- 3 1/2 Quarts toasted sweetpotato cornbread crumbs
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 2 Cups onion, diced
- 2 Cups green peppers, diced
- 1 Cup celery, diced
- 1 Tablespoon thyme, dried
- 2 Tablespoons rubbed sage
- 1 Tablespoon sausage seasoning
- 1 Cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 Cup scallions, chopped
- 1-2 Cup chicken stock
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and saute the onions, green peppers, celery and the seasonings until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the toasted cornbread, green onions and parsley.
- Add the sauted veggies and combine well.
- Moisten with enough of the chicken stock to hold together.
- Add the eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Place in a lightly greased large ovenproof casserole dish or baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 350 to 450 degrees or until the stuffing is golden brown and set.