Sweetpotato Turkey Burgers
Winner of the 2010 Sweet n’ Sassy Blogger Recipe Contest, The Bicycle Chef
- 2 cups mashed sweetpotato, about 1 pound
- 1 package ground white turkey meat, about 1-1/4 pound
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Oil for sautéing
- In large bowl, combine sweetpotatoes, turkey, onion, salt and cumin; mix well.
- Form eight 4- to 5-ounce patties. In large pan over medium heat, heat oil. Cook patties until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Assemble burgers with your choice of toppings.
- For meatballs: Preheat oven to 400°Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; spray with non-stick cooking spray. After step 1, form mixture into 1-inch balls. Arrange on lined sheet; baking in oven until golden, about 15 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 8 patties Nutrition per serving (1 patty): 161 calories; 18 g protein; 16 g carbohydrates; 2 g dietary fiber; 3 g total fat