Sweet Potato Tacos
Created exclusively for NC SweetPotato Commission by
Paco’s Tacos and Tequila
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon chipotle puree
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- Three house made tortillas
- 1/3 cup queso fresco
- ¼ cup Mexican crema
- Sprinkle of fresh chopped cilantro
- Peel and dice the sweet potato
- Toss diced sweet potatoes with chipotle puree, salt and pepper
- slow roast sweet potatoes at 350 degrees for 20-30 min or until tender (not mushy, you still want some structure to the sweet potato).
- Heat tortillas and assemble tacos
- To assemble top with 1/3 of the shredded cabbage, sweet potato, use a squeeze bottle to evenly distribute the crema, sprinkle with queso fresco and top with fresh cilantro.
Recipe analyzed for 3 servings using corn tortillas