Vegan Roasted Sweetpotato & Cauliflower Tacos
Recipe created for the North Carolina Sweetpotato Commission by Beautiful Eats & Things.
- 8 Whole wheat tortillas
- 2 Large North Carolina sweetpotatoes (diced into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 3 cups Cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Salt/pepper, to taste
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges
- 1 cup Black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Large jalapeño, sliced
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Vegan ranch dressing (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the cauliflower florets and diced North Carolina sweetpotatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil over the top, then season with the chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and salt/pepper. Toss to combine. Spread the vegetables onto a sheet pan and roast them for about 15 minutes.
- Add the black beans to the sheet pan, then place the pan back in the oven for about 5 more minutes Remove from the oven and set aside.
- To char your tortillas (opt’l): Heat a large skillet on medium/high heat. Add a drizzle of oil into the skillet and cook each tortilla for about 30 seconds on each side, or until it’s lightly charred. Be sure not to overcook the tortillas. Transfer the charred tortillas to a plate, then cover them until you’re ready to serve them.
- To assemble the tacos: Place a generous amount of the roasted veggies onto each tortilla. Top with fresh jalapenos and cilantro. If desired, drizzle some vegan ranch dressing on top and enjoy!
Serves: 8 people