Sweetpotato Mousse Bites
Recipe by The True Spoon. Looking for an appetizer to wow guests? Look no further. These Sweetpotato Mousse Bites are as delicious as they are beautiful. The bites are packed with flavor – avocado, lemon juice, orange zest, watermelon radish and of course, sweet potatoes! Bright and flavorful, these Sweetpotato Mousse Bites are perfect for year-round entertaining!
- 1 sweetpotato, washed, cut into 1/2” rounds
- 1 sweetpotato, washed, peeled, quartered
- 1 tablespoon avocado mayo
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice, save juiced orange for zesting
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 watermelon radish, halved, finely sliced, and cut into wedge slices
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- A hearty pinch of sea salt
- A hearty pinch of fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Place sweetpotato rounds and quarters on a wax paper lined baking sheet, brush potatoes with olive oil
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove sweetpotatoes from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes
- Add quartered roasted sweetpotatoes, avocado mayo, orange juice, and lemon juice to a food processor and pulse until smooth (about a minute)
- Top sweetpotato rounds with sweetpotato mousse, and all of the garnishes.
Recipe analyzed using ½ teaspoon salt, 1 ½ teaspoons avocado oil and 1 ½ teaspoons salad dressing (regular mayonnaise, salt added).
Serves: 10 bites