Sweetpotato BLT Bites
Recipe by Cooking LSL. These little bites are anything but an ordinary sweetpotato appetizer! They combine sweet and savory for hors d’oeuvres full of flavor, and are perfect for everything from football parties to graduation celebrations.
Calories: 90Print Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large sweetpotatoes, washed, scrubbed with skins on
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, chopped
- 2/3 cups grape tomatoes, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley for garnishing
- More salt and pepper to taste, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Brush with oil.
- Using a mandolin slicer or a sharp knife, slice potatoes into 1/4- inch slices.
- Arrange potato slices on the greased baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Brush with oil.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until golden. Flip and bake for 10 more minutes. Remove from the oven and let them cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to a platter and top with chopped lettuce, chopped bacon and sliced tomatoes.
Serves: 8 per container