Sweetpotato Linguine with Browned Butter and Sage
From the book Sweetpotato Power by Ashley Tudor
- 1 large sweetpotato, about 1 pound, peeled
- 6 sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- With a mandolin or vegetable peeler, slice sweet potatoes lengthwise as thinly as possible. Cut each slice into ¼-inch strips; set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add sage; cook until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Add sweetpotato strips to remaining butter in pan. Cook and stir until al dente.
- Crumble 2 of the reserved sage leaves over sweetpotato; stir.
- To serve, garnish with remaining sage leaves.
Number of servings (yield): 1-2