Sweet Potato Guacamole
Created exclusively for NC SweetPotato Commission by
Savorez Mexican Restaurant
You can never make enough guacamole. This big-batch recipe serves a crowd, assuming everyone eats only their share, but it’s easy to cut this recipe in half.
Sweet Potato Goat Cheese Guacamole for a Crowd
- 4 cups roasted sweet potato, mashed
- Flesh of 2 avocados (about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves roasted garlic, minced
- ½ red onion diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1½ teaspoons black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces jalapeno goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt to taste
- ½ quart cherry tomatoes, halved and roasted
- Blend together mashed sweet potatoes, avocado, roasted garlic, red onion, green onion and basil.
- Stir in cherry tomatoes.
- Add about half the goat cheese and lime juice along with a teaspoon of salt.
- Taste, adding more goat cheese, lime juice and salt as needed.
Makes 24 servings.