Created exclusively for NC SweetPotato Commission by Savorez Mexican Restaurant - Wilmington, NC
- 4 cups roasted sweetpotato, mashed
- Flesh of 2 avocados, about 2 cups
- 2 cloves roasted garlic, minced
- ½ red onion diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1½ teaspoons black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces jalapeno goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt to taste
- ½ quart cherry tomatoes, halved and roasted
- Blend together mashed sweetpotatoes, avocado, roasted garlic, red onion, green onion and basil.
- Stir in cherry tomatoes.
- Add about half the goat cheese and lime juice along with a teaspoon of salt.
- Taste, adding more goat cheese, lime juice and salt as needed.