SWEET POTATO ENERGY COOKIES
Developed by Sarah Schlichter, MPH, RDN for the North Carolina SweetPotato Commission
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Makes: 24-28 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium size mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, oats, baking soda, spices).
- In separate mixing bowl, whip butter and sugars using an electric mixer. Add in egg, vanilla extract and mashed sweet potato.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until combined, adding in chocolate chips last. Batter will be wet. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes to firm up.
- Scoop out dough in 1 ½-2 inch scoops and arrange on baking sheets.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes. Allow cookies to slightly cool before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving: Calories: 135 Carbohydrates: 21 g Protein: 2 g Fiber: 1 g Sodium: 100 mg Potassium: 72 mg