Sweetpotato Cheese Straws
Winner in 2011 Sweet n’ Healthy Blogger Recipe Contest, Eden Eats Everything
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup mashed sweetpotato
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, sweetpotato, parmesan, cheddar, butter and salt. Mix with beater until mixture becomes sandy. Add milk and knead into a ball.
- On floured surface, roll dough into a ¼-inch thick rectangle. Cut into ¼-inch wide strips. Gently transfer strips to a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake until ends are slightly brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven; cool.
Number of servings (yield): 20 straws