Red Eye Sweetpotato Soup
- 3 cups roasted sweetpotatoes
- 3 oz. NC Country Ham
- 3 tablespoons cream fraiche
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Small onion chopped
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- 6-8 peppercorns
- In a large sauce pan, brown the country ham in canola oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and brown
- Add coffee and stir for a few minutes while simmering.
- Add water and bring to a simmer.
- Put on lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add sweetpotatoes, peppercorns and return to a simmer.
- Put lid back on and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Put in blender with cream fraiche and blend until smooth.