Developed by Sarah Schlichter, MPH, RDN for the North Carolina SweetPotato Commission
Calories: 513Print Recipe
- ¾ cup frozen mango chunks
- Handful of ice
- optional 1/3 cup chopped beets, can use canned
- 2/3 cup vanilla fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup mashed cooked sweetpotato, about 1 small to medium sweetpotato
- Mix all ingredients into high speed blender and blend.
- Add more ice and sweetener as needed.
This bright-hued smoothie is not only pretty to look at but is the perfect concoction of post-run recovery nutrients. Using sweet potato as the base for complex carbohydrates, it also uses frozen mango chunks for some extra Vitamin A. It’s naturally sweetened with beets and maple syrup and gets its creaminess (and protein!) from the greek yogurt. You’re getting the perfect 4:1 ratio of carbohydrates to protein, with a hefty dose of antioxidants and electrolytes as well. This smoothie can be eaten as a meal or split in half as a snack.