Kale & Quinoa Sweet Potato Salad
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup uncooked white quinoa
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups kale, torn into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lay sweet potatoes in a single layer on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt; toss. Bake about 30 minutes, turning once, until tender and golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, combine quinoa, 1/2 cup water, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover pan; simmer about 12 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes; fluff with a fork. Let cool.
- In a small bowl combine remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, poppy seeds, pepper and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- In a large bowl toss kale, sweet potatoes, toasted walnuts, quinoa, and dressing. Transfer to a serving platter. Top with pomegranate seeds and goat cheese.
Number of servings (yield): 4-6