Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Walnuts, Mint and Pomegranate
Recipe by The Endless Meal
Get a taste of the holiday season with these stuffed sweet potatoes! The pomegranate give them a cozy, winter-y feel that is perfect to serve as a fun side dish or enjoy during a quiet night in.
- 4 small sweet potatoes (about 1/2 lb. each)
- 3/4 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup each: chopped mint and parsley
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- Sea salt, to taste
- 3 + tablespoons water
- Turn your oven to 400 degrees. Prick the sweet potatoes 5-6 times each with a fork then set them on the baking sheet. Place them into your oven (no need for your oven to preheat first) and bake them for 45-60 minutes, or until they are soft. Remove them from the oven and set them aside to cool slightly.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, prepare the topping. Place the walnuts, mint, parsley, and pomegranate in a medium-sized bowl, drizzle with the olive oil and toss to combine.
- Whisk the Tahini Lemon Sauce ingredients in a small bowl adding enough water so it is the consistency of honey.
- When the sweet potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut through the skin in a T shape. Gently mash the insides then pile the walnuts and herbs on top and drizzle with some Tahini Lemon Sauce.
Recipe analyzed without sea salt, to taste.