Healthy Slow Cooker Sweetpotato Mexican Quinoa
Recipe developed for the North Carolina Sweetpotato Commission by Fit Foodie Finds.
- 1 cup Uncooked white quinoa
- 2 Large N.C. sweetpotatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 Can black beans (15 oz.), drained and rinsed
- 1 Can whole kernel corn (15 oz.), drained and rinsed
- 1 Can crushed tomatoes (28 oz.)
- 1 Can green chilis (4 oz.)
- 2 cups Vegetable broth (or any kind of broth)
- 1/2 Large red onion, finely diced
- 3 tbsp Taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tsp Maple syrup
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Yogurt (optional)
- Avocado (optional)
- Paprika (optional)
- Begin by spraying your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Then, place all of the ingredients into your slow cooker and mix until combined.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 (or until the quinoa is fully cooked and the sweet potatoes are at desired texture).
- Occasionally stir all of the ingredients together every hour.
- When the quinoa is cooked and the sweet potatoes are soft, ucover the slow cooker.
- Serve the sweetpotato Mexican quinoa with the optional toppings and enjoy!