Foster’s Market Roasted Sweetpotato Salsa
- 2 medium sweetpotatoes, peeled/chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 to mato, cored and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped into ¼-inch dice (about 1 cup)
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 2 scallions, minced (green and white part)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Juice and zest of 1 large lime, about 2 tablespoons
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a medium bowl, toss the sweetpotatoes with the olive oil, vinegar, chili powder and cumin and spread in one layer on a large, rimmed baking pan.
- Place in the oven and roast for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring a couple of times, until the potatoes are golden brown and soft. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, place the tomato, red pepper, jalapenos, scallions, cilantro and lime juice and zest with the sweetpotatoes; toss until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve warm with eggs, tostadas, grilled steak or chicken.
*Tip: If tomatoes are not in season, roast with the sweetpotatoes for a better flavor Number of servings (yield): 4