Roasted Cauliflower Sweetpotato Soup
Recipe by: Rachael Hartley NutritionThe colder weather is always the perfect time to kick your feet up by the fire and cozy up with a warm, comforting soup. This roasted cauliflower sweetpotato soup is just what you need to do that, and is packed with nutritious ingredients too!
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and chopped into florets
- 6 small sweetpotatoes, about 2 lbs, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 pinches cayenne
- 6-8 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ cup half and half
- Spread cauliflower and sweetpotatoes on two separate large baking sheets. Drizzle each with a tablespoon of olive oil, season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper and toss to combine. Place in the oven and roast 25-30 minutes until tender and golden. Remove and set aside.
- When vegetables have roasted, heat remaining tablespoon olive oil in a large pot on medium-high heat. Add onions and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cayenne and saute 60 seconds. Stir in roasted vegetables and pour in 6 cups of broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and pour in half and half. Using an immersion blender, carefully puree soup. If a thinner consistency is desired, add more broth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve, garnished as desired.