Created exclusively for NC SweetPotato Commission by Gonza Tacos y Tequila - Raleigh, NC
- 3 lb Sweetpotato , peeled & diced
- 8 oz Carrots , approximately 2 units, peeled
- 8 oz Red Pepper , approximately 1 unit, seeds removed
- 8 oz Green Pepper , approximately 1 unit, seeds removed
- 1/4 lb Onion , approximately 1/2 small onion
- 1 gal Water
- 1 tbsp Chipotle in adobo
- 1 ea. whole Chicken
- 2 ea. Tomato
- 1 cup Corn
- Salt, To Taste
- Black pepper, To taste
- In a stock pot combine all the ingredients except the corn
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the broth and blend all the ingredients with the liquid.
- Pull the meat from the chicken and return to the soup with the corn
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with tortilla, queso fresco, avocado and cilantro