Sweetpotato Breakfast Bake
This breakfast bake is a diabetes and budget friendly crowd pleaser full of shredded sweet potatoes, bell peppers and eggs topped with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.Created for the North Carolina SweetPotato Commission by: Tessa Nguyen, RD, LDN
- 1 cup sweetpotatoes
- ½ cup turkey sausage crumbles, (or cooked turkey bacon)
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- ½ cup bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 9 eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Spray a 13” x 9” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Evenly spread sweet potatoes, sausage/bacon, green onions and bell peppers into the dish.
- Pour eggs carefully into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese and black pepper on top of eggs.
- Bake dish for 15 minutes at 400°F.
- Slice into 12 even pieces and serve hot.
- For a vegetarian option, swap out turkey sausage/bacon for soy crumbles/bacon or even leave the meat out entirely.
- You can freeze individual servings for future quick breakfasts. Just place the number of servings you need in the refrigerator the night before. Microwave for 15-30 seconds and you have a hot and ready breakfast to go!