CREATED FOR THE NORTH CAROLINA SWEETPOTATO COMMISSION BY KELLY PFEIFFER
- 1/2 a large sweetpotato
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 eggs
- Cook your sweetpotato on high in the microwave for 4 minutes (or alternatively, roast it in the oven for 45). Discard the outer peel. In a large measuring cup, combine the inside of the cooked sweetpotato, milk, and maple syrup. Use an immersion stick blender to puree. Set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, baking powder, spices. Use a whisk to combine. Then, add in the sweetpotato puree, avocado oil, and 2 eggs. Stir with a fork until combined.
- Heat your waffle maker per owner instructions. Lightly spray cooking spray into iron and then add just enough batter to cover and cook.