Sweet Potato Saute with Grana Padano & Toasted Almonds
Recipe: Sweet Potato Saute with Grana Padano & Toasted Almonds
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1 pound), cleaned and peeled
- 1/4 pound block Grana Padano cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cut sweet potato in half. Using a sharp vegetable peeler, peel flesh of sweet potato to create “ribbons”; continuing peeling until you have “peeled” all of the sweet potato. Remove to a bowl. Repeat with the cheese, creating long ribbons off the block; set aside.
- To sweet potatoes, add olive oil, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- In a heavy-duty sauté pan over medium heat, add sweet potatoes; stir as they cook. To the pan, add butter; continue cooking until crisp tender. Don’t overcook sweet potatoes or they will stick to the pan and get mushy.
- Remove sweet potatoes to a plate. Immediately top with cheese and almonds. The heat of the sweet potato sauté will warm the cheese. Eat immediately.
Yield: 2 servings