Sweetpotato Saute with Grana Padano & Toasted Almonds
- 1 large sweetpotato, about 1 pound, cleaned and peeled
- 1/4 pound block Grana Padano cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cut sweetpotato in half. Using a sharp vegetable peeler, peel flesh of sweetpotato to create “ribbons”; continuing peeling until you have “peeled” all of the sweetpotato. Remove to a bowl. Repeat with the cheese, creating long ribbons off the block; set aside.
- To sweetpotatoes, add olive oil, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- In a heavy-duty sauté pan over medium heat, add sweetpotatoes; stir as they cook. To the pan, add butter; continue cooking until crisp tender. Don’t overcook sweetpotatoes or they will stick to the pan and get mushy.
- Remove sweetpotatoes to a plate. Immediately top with cheese and almonds. The heat of the sweetpotato sauté will warm the cheese. Eat immediately.
Yield: 2 servings