Sweetpotato Gratin 3rd Place 2014 NC State Fair Adrienne Tippins, Raleigh, NC
- 1 large sweetpotato, sliced thin
- 1 c thin sliced gala apples
- 5 strips of cooked bacon chopped
- 1 pkg. cream cheese
- 2 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs. hot sauce
- 3 tbs. heavy cream
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 oz. about 6 sliced smoked Gouda
- 1 tbs. melted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Layer seasoned sweetpotatoes in 9.5×13.5 baking dish.
- Combine cream cheese, Worcestershire, heavy cream and hot sauce and Microwave mixture for 30 seconds.
- Pour half of mixture over potatoes.
- Layer onions, bacon, apples and slices of Gouda.
- Repeat and finish with a top layer of seasoned sweetpotatoes.
- Bake covered at 375° for 45 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Brush top layer of seasoned sweet potatoes with melted butter and broil until browned.’