Sweetpotato Fritters with Pear Coulis
- 1 pound sweetpotatoes, peeled and coarsely shredded
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Wrap sweetpotatoes in clean dish towel; wring to remove excess moisture.
- In bowl, combine sweetpotatoes with remaining ingredients except oil; blend well. Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spoon heaping tablespoonfuls of batter into skillet, flattening with back of spoon. Cook until golden on both sides, turning after about 4 minutes.
- Remove to paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with Pear Coulis (recipe follows).
- To make Pear Coulis: In bowl, combine 2 chopped ripe pears, 1/4 cup raisins, 1/2 cup orange marmalade and 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger.
Number of servings (yield): 6 Nutrition per serving: 316 calories; 5 g protein; 50 g carbohydrates; 11 g total fat