Sweet Potato Enchiladas
Created exclusively for NC SweetPotato Commission by
Chupacabra Latin Cafe
- 4 large sweet potatoes cut into large dice
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and cut into medium diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1½ cups cooked black beans
- 20 soft, corn tortillas
- 2 cups ancho sauce (enchilada sauce may be substituted or combined with adobo)
- 3 cups shredded jack cheese
- ½ cup chimichurri (recipe follows)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes and poblano peppers in oil and cumin.
- Spread vegetables on a large sheet pan and roast in preheated oven sweet potatoes and peppers are soft and tender, about 45 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from oven and cool.
- In a large bowl, toss roasted pepper and sweet potato mixture with black beans.
- Roll about ½ cup of the mixture into each soft tortilla shell and place, seam-side down, in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Top enchiladas with ancho sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese over enchiladas and bake, uncovered, in a 350-degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until cheese is melted and contents are bubbling.
- Remove from heat.
- Top with chimichurri sauce and fresh cilantro.
Makes 4 servings.
Chupacabra Tamarind Chimichurri
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- Half of 1 large red onion, rough chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 bunches of fresh parsley
- 3 bunches of fresh cilantro
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until desired texture is achieved.
At Chupacabra, we like it smooth.
Makes 6 cups.