- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups 1-inch cubed sweetpotatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced snow peas
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shrimp or other protein
- Chopped cilantro and peanuts for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, combine curry paste, coconut milk, chicken broth, fish sauce, sugar, salt and sweetpotatoes; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in peppers and scallions. Continue simmering until crisp tender, about 2 more minutes.
- To serve, spoon into shallow bowls. Top with protein and garnishes.
Number of servings (yield): 4 Nutrition per serving (1 bowl): 300 calories; 15 g protein; 36 g carbohydrates; 6 g dietary fiber; 11 g total fat