Sweetpotato Coconut Curry Pasta
Pasta tossed with a sweetpotato and coconut curry sauce makes for a vegan, low-cost meal sure to please any palate.Created for the North Carolina SweetPotato Commission by: Tessa Nguyen, RD, LDN
- 1 box (13.25 oz) Dreamfields rotini pasta
- 1 sweetpotato, baked
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 2 tsps curry powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl, mash the sweet potato until smooth with some chunks.
- Mix the coconut milk, curry powder, salt and pepper into the sweet potato until well combined.
- Cook pasta according to package directions before tossing into the sweet potato coconut curry sauce.
- Serve pasta hot or refrigerate overnight for a cold pasta salad.
- You can swap out the Dreamfields spaghetti for Barilla Protein Plus or Ronzoni Smart Taste. These pastas all taste like “white pasta” with the added benefits of increased protein and fiber.
2. You can use 2 cups of refrigerated coconut milk if you don’t have canned coconut milk.