Classic Sweetpotato Casserole
Nothing says classic comfort like Sweetpotato Casserole! This recipe is easy to whip together before a dinner party and is one of our all-time favorites. Typically known for its Thanksgiving appearance, the Sweetpotato Casserole is versatile and can perfectly accompany any weeknight meal with the family. Enjoy with a maple-roasted chicken or turkey, some greens, and voila! But really, how could anyone resist those delicious, toasted marshmallows? Recipe and photo by Fabulessly Frugal
- 4 cups sweetpotato, cubed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Put sweetpotatoes in a medium saucepan with water to cover. Cook over medium high heat until tender; drain and mash.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweetpotatoes, sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with mini marshmallows.
- In medium bowl, mix the brown sugar and flour. Cut in the butter until the mixture is coarse. Stir in the pecans. Sprinkle the mixture over the marshmallows.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until the topping is lightly brown.
Number of servings (yield): 6-8