SWEET POTATO BLUEBERRY BAKED OATMEAL
Developed by Sarah Schlichter, MPH, RDN for the North Carolina SweetPotato Commission
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes Serves: 6
- 2 cups uncooked rolled or old fashioned oats
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used 1%)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (plus more for drizzling)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup blueberries (can use frozen)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat the inside of a 2 quart baking dish with butter, oil or non-stick spray.
3. Mix dry ingredients (oats, cinnamon, salt, baking powder).
4. Beat in milk, eggs, sweet potato, butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
5. Mix all ingredients together, saving blueberries for last to prevent staining and/or crushing, and spread inside the dish.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until oats are tender and moisture has been absorbed.
7. Drizzle with a little maple syrup, to taste.