Sweetpotato Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
Developed by Sarah Schlichter, MPH, RDN for the North Carolina SweetPotato Commission
Calories: 245Print Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked rolled or old fashioned oats
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk, I used 1%
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed sweetpotato
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup blueberries, can use frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat the inside of a 2 quart baking dish with butter, oil or non-stick spray.
- Mix dry ingredients (oats, cinnamon, salt, baking powder).
- Beat in milk, eggs, sweetpotato, butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Mix all ingredients together, saving blueberries for last to prevent staining and/or crushing, and spread inside the dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until oats are tender and moisture has been absorbed.
- Drizzle with a little maple syrup, to taste.