Spinach Sweetpotato Tater Tots
These Spinach Sweetpotato Tater Tots are a fun way to offer nutrient dense vegetables to your little ones, and adults alike. Packed with iron, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and carbohydrates, these tater tots are great for meal prep or as a side to any meal.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Calories: 230.4Print Recipe
- 2 Cups cooked mashed sweetpotatoes
- 2 Cups spinach
- 1 Cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ Cup shredded cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ Teaspoon sea salt
- ½ Teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375°
- While oven is preheating, microwave sweetpotatoes for 5-6 minutes, or until softened. Let them cool.
- Add spinach to blender or food processor and process until it has a course shredded texture.
- Once sweetpotatoes have cooled, separate pulp from skin. Discard skin or save it for future use. Mix sweet potato pulp with shredded spinach.
- Prepare breading by mixing breadcrumbs, egg, shredded cheese and spices.
- Add breading mixture to sweetpotato mixture. Shape batter into tater tot shapes (I made 30-35 tots) and spread over baking sheet covered with parchment paper, spacing about ½-1 inch apart.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes or until slightly browned on the edges.
- Serve with your favorite condiment such as ketchup, guacamole or hummus.