Spicy Sweet Potato Salad
Recipe by Love & Lemons
- 1 large sweet potato
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups baby salad greens
- 1/4 cup cotija or feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into 1-inch cubes. Arrange on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil; sprinkle with 1/4-teaspoon of the salt. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with chile powder; allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining oil, the lime juice, honey salt and the pepper.
- Place greens in a large bowl. Add cheese, pepitas, avocado and roasted sweet potato cubes.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Yield: 2 servings