Shaved Brussel Sprout & Sweetpotato Salad
- 2 sweetpotatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 quart Brussels sprouts, halved, cored and sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Heat oven to 400° Lay sweetpotatoes in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of the salt; toss. Bake about 30 minutes, stirring once, until golden. Let cool.
- In a small bowl combine remaining 2 tablespoons oil, vinegar, mustard, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl combine Brussels sprouts, pecans, cranberries and dressing; toss. Add sweetpotatoes; stir gently. Transfer to a serving platter; sprinkle with blue cheese.
Number of servings (yield): 6