Farmer’s Market Cobb Salad
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled, and cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 2 heads radicchio, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and pressed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 8 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- 4 hard cooked eggs, quartered
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lay sweet potatoes in a single layer on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper; toss. Bake 30 minutes tossing once until golden. Let cool.
- In a large skillet, char ears of corn over high heat, about 5 to 10 minutes; let cool. In the same skillet, char radicchio wedges over medium-high heat. Let cool. Cut off the corn kernels with a sharp knife; set aside. Coarsely chop the radicchio; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine buttermilk, yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice,
mustard, honey, garlic, dill, chives, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Toss shredded lettuce with red onion and 3 tablespoons of the dressing. Transfer to a large serving platter. Arrange sweet potato, corn, radicchio, bacon, eggs, chicken, avocado, tomatoes, blue cheese and zucchini on top of lettuce. Serve dressing on the side.
Number of servings (yield): 6