Jalapeno Sweet Potato Chowder
Recipe: Jalapeno Sweet Potato Chowder
- 2 large sweet potatoes, baked
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, 1/4-inch diced
- 1 quart or less chicken- or vegetable stock
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups whole corn kernels
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapenos
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Chopped scallions for garnish
- Peel sweet potatoes; discard skin and purée.
- In a soup pot, sauté onion in butter until softened. Add puréed sweet potato and desired amount of stock. Bring to boil, reducing liquid slightly.
- Add chicken, corn, jalapenos, heavy cream and salt. Simmer soup for 10 minutes.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped scallions.
Number of servings (yield): 4-6
Recipe analyzed for 6 servings.