Sweetpotato Panzanella Salad
- 2 sweetpotatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups cubed whole wheat French bread
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
- Preheat oven to 400° Place sweetpotatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Bake 30 minutes, turning once until golden and tender. Let cool.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add the bread cubes. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl whisk remaining 1/4 cup oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- In a large bowl combine tomatoes, pepper, onion and basil. Stir in vinaigrette. Let stand 2 minutes. Gently stir in the sweetpotatoes, avocado, and bread.
Number of servings (yield): 6