Dirty South Nachos
Created exclusively for NC SweetPotato Commission by
Crafted: The Art of the Taco
Winston- Salem & Greensboro, NC
Crafted: The Art of the Taco uses deep-fried sweet potato chips for this recipe, but you may substitute oven-baked sweet potato chips or fries.
Sweet Chipotle Aioli:
- 1-2 canned chipotle peppers
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- ½ cup soy milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
To finish nachos:
- 8 cups sweet potato chips
- 2 pounds roasted pork, shredded and warmed
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
Prepare the aioli:
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend at low for 10 seconds then increase to medium speed and blend for 5 seconds.
- Spread sweet potato chips on a large tray or sheet pan.
- Evenly spread pork over sweet potato chips.
- Drizzle with aioli. Sprinkle scallions over the nachos.
Yield: 10 servings