Curried Sweetpotato Soup
Recipe developed by Chef and Co-Owner Stephanie Tyson of Sweet Potatoes in Winston-Salem, N.C.
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 Teaspoon garlic
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 6 Cups sweetpotatoes, diced and peeled
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 Quarts chicken or vegetable stock
- Heat the oil in a medium soup pot.
- Add onion and cook over low heat until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and curry and cook until curry becomes fragrant, about one minute.
- Add stock and potatoes.
- Cook until sweetpotatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- In a food processor or with a submersible hand mixer, puree soup in small batches.
- Add heavy cream and adjust seasoning.
This is a great fall soup that is quick, easy and delicious. Garnish the soup with crispy onions or homemade croutons.