Creamy Peanut & Lime Sweetpotato Slaw
Shredded sweet potatoes dressed with peanut butter, lime and cilantro whip up into a low cost, diabetes friendly side dish.
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 1 lime, zest & juice
- 2 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- t tbsp chopped cilantro
- 4 cups sweetpotatoes, peeled, julienned and cooked al dente
- In a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, rice vinegar, lime zest and juice, honey, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Gently fold in cilantro and julienned sweet potato until well combined.
- Refrigerate slaw for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve chilled.
- Use sunflower seed butter, almond butter or any other nut/seed butter to accommodate for any food allergies or taste preferences.
- As an option, garnish the slaw with crushed peanuts and additional cilantro.