Caribbean Sweet Potato Crockpot Stew
Recipe: Caribbean Sweet Potato Crockpot Stew
- 2 medium North Carolina sweet potatoes
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 pound chorizo sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 28-ounce can whole tomatoes and juice
- 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- fresh chopped parsley
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Cut chicken and sausage into 1-inch pieces.
- In a crock pot, combine sweet potatoes, chicken, sausage, onion, garlic, tomatoes, beans, paprika, salt, thyme, pepper, allspice, cumin and tomato paste. Cover and simmer on low heat until sweet potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through, about 4 hours.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and garnish with parsley.