Caribbean Sweetpotato Crockpot Stew
- 2 medium North Carolina sweetpotatoes
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves
- pound chorizo sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 28- ounce can whole tomatoes and juice
- 15- ounce can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- fresh chopped parsley
- Peel and dice sweetpotatoes into 1-inch cubes. Cut chicken and sausage into 1-inch pieces.
- In a crock pot, combine sweetpotatoes, chicken, sausage, onion, garlic, tomatoes, beans, paprika, salt, thyme, pepper, allspice, cumin and tomato paste. Cover and simmer on low heat until sweetpotatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through, about 4 hours.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and garnish with parsley.
Number of servings (yield): 8