Candied Sweet Potato Casserole
Recipe by Lake Shore Lady
Looking for a vegetable dish your family will actually love? Look no further than Candied Sweet Potato Casserole. Four ingredients, quick & easy, we promise it will be your new favorite side dish this season!
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 3 tbsp butter cubed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar*
- sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 F degrees.
- Peel and thinly slice sweet potatoes. Arrange in a casserole dish.
- Pour melted butter over the top of the sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the top of that, working it in between some of the potatoes.
- Top with pieces of cubed butter and a little bit more brown sugar. (*Please note: I did NOT use a full 1/4 cup of brown sugar, so feel free to use less or all of it depending on your preference.)
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- If you have sugar leftover, sprinkle a little more on top.
- Raise the heat to 475 F degrees or up to a broil for 15 more minutes to crisp the tops.
- Serve with your favorite protein!
Number of servings (yield): 6 servings