Vegan Sweetpotato Chili with Creamy Coconut Rice
A great way to warm up on a cold day. This was a State Fair Recipe winner.
- 4 C diced sweetpotatoes
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 can chili seasoned diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, do not drain
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- 1 t chili powder
- 2 C vegetable stock
- 1 C rice
- 2 C coconut milk
- 2 scallions/green onions, chopped
- 2 T vegetable oil
- heat oil in a large dutch oven.
- Sauté onion, garlic and bell pepper until tender, about 5 mins.
- Add sweetpotatoes and cook until lightly browned.
- Add taco seasoning and stir.
- Add corn, beans, tomatoes, stock and chili powder.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 25 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- Combine coconut milk and rice in a saucepan with tight fitted lid. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Cook for 20 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Serve chili topped with a scoop of chopped scallions.