Tex-Mex Sweetpotato Stew
NC Sweetpotato Commission 3rd Place Recipe at the 2015 Mountain State Fair
- 2 cups cooked sweetpotatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons McCormick Fajita spices
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup Mexican style cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Microwave sweetpotatoes, wrapped in paper towels, until soft. Cool, dice and set aside.
- Heat oil in nonstick pan; add corn and cook for 2 minutes. Add spices and heat for 1 minute more. Add tomatoes, lime juice, chicken broth, sweetpotatoes, along with more spices if desired. Cook until thoroughly hot.
- Top with cheese and chips.