Sweetpotato Spinach Lasagna
- 3 med. sweetpotatoes, (2 cups pureed)
- 1 C milk, divided
- ¾ t salt, divided
- ½ t pepper, divided
- ½ t Italian seasoning
- ⅛ t grated nutmeg
- 1 med onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T chives, chopped
- 1 10 oz. box frozen spinach, thawed
- 2½ C Ricotta cheese
- 18 slices shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¾ C Parmesan cheese
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 eggs, 2
- 2 T butter
- 1 15 oz. jar alfredo sauce
- Preheat oven to 375̊
- Add cooked and cooled sweetpotatoes, ½ t salt, ¼ t. pepper, ⅛ t. nutmeg and 1 egg to food processor. Process until smooth and set aside.
- In a medium pan, melt butter and saute’ onion for two minutes. Add garlic, cook 1 minute
- Drain spinach well, and add to pan along with ½ C ricotta cheese, remaining salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spray 9X13 pan with cooking spray and spread ¼ C alfredo sauce over the bottom of the pan.
- Layer as follows: 3 noodles, ⅓ of sweetpotatoes, ½ spinach mixture, 6 slices of mozzarella, ¾ C alfredo, and ½ ricotta mixture. Repeat layer, and top with remaining ⅓ sweetpotatoes. Top with last 3 noodles, remaining slices of mozzarella, alfredo, and parmesan cheese. Pour ½ C milk along the inside edge of pan.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 40-45 minutes. Garnish with additional chives if desired.