Recipe Developed by Tessa Nguyen, RD, LDN in partnership with NCSPC. Take hummus to another level with roasted sweetpotatoes, garlic and fresh lemon swirled in for a low cost, diabetes-friendly snack.
Calories: 120Print Recipe
- 1 can, 15.5 oz garbanzo beans
- ½ cup roasted sweetpotato, mashed, without skin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup low sodium vegetable stock
- Rinse garbanzo beans under cool water until water runs clear.
- In a food processor, pour in garbanzo beans, sweetpotato, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Pulse mixture until beans are crumbly and in small pieces.
- Turn food processor on and slowly drizzle in the olive oil and vegetable stock through the open spout on top of the food processor lid.
- Process hummus until smooth and creamy.
- Serve hummus room temperature or cold alongside freshly cut up vegetables or whole grain crackers for an easy snack.